Short URL

Shortlink:

Download this release

Related Media

View all Milton Media

Contact

About Milton

Milton has been a leading name in sterilising baby feeding equipment in the home for over 65 years.  During that time the ‘Milton Method’ of cold water sterilisation has been used by millions of parents, and in homes and hospitals throughout the UK and beyond.

Milton’s innovative product range includes the Mini Portable Soother Steriliser, the Solo Travel Steriliser and the Combi Microwave and Cold Water Steriliser. These can be used with its iconic Sterilising Fluid or Sterilising Tablets. Its hygiene range includes Antibacterial Surface Wipes, Antibacterial Surface Spray and Antibacterial Hand Gel.

News Facts

  • The Milton Cold Water Method  sterilises items in just 15 minutes. It can be used for sterilising breast feeding equipment and all baby’s feeding utensils, including bottles, soothers, teething rings, small plastic toys and weaning items. When in contact with protein, Milton breaks down to water and minute traces of salt, ensuring it totally suitable for use in the baby environment.
  • The Milton formula kills all bacteria, viruses, fungi and spores (tough dormant bacteria), including E-coli, Listeria, Salmonella, Campylobacter and Rotavirus, Candida Albicans, MRSA and Clostridium difficile.
  • The Milton Method is effective on the virus that causes influenza, including Swine Flu.

Related Links

  • Press Room
  • »
  • Milton
  • »
  • No Break for Parents as Family Holidays deemed too stressful

Milton

30 May 2014

No Break for Parents as Family Holidays deemed too stressful

Bournemouth, UK – 30th May 2014: Milton, the leading expert in sterilising, today reveals the results of a new consumer survey looking at the holidaying habits of new parents. The research showed that the large majority of mums and dads (81%) have not had a holiday on their own since becoming parents. From the remaining 19% who have managed to have a holiday as a couple, most (62%) have only been on holiday once.

Routine & Day Care
The study also showed that on family holidays, many parents (38%) keep to their baby or child’s usual routine, for example sticking to scheduled nap and dinner times and not going out late at night. It is apparent from the study that most parents make little time to be alone as a couple while on holiday, with the majority (73%) admitting that they would not use a babysitter so they could go out in the evening. Only 1 in 10 parents would use a crèche or day-care facilities to get a bit of me-time, and many of those that do (30%) feel guilty for doing so.

Coming Home Early
Some parents have even decided to cut their holiday short because of the stress of being on holiday with their baby or children, including having suffered complaints from other holidaying guests about their children’s behaviour. 1 in 4 parents have decided not to have a family holiday at all because of the stress.

“Going away with a new-born or young children can be challenging,” said Tess Clarke, Commercial and Marketing Manager at Milton, she continues “on a practical level there are many things parents can do to take the worry out of being away and travelling with babies and young children, such as having an easy and simple way to sterilise soothers or bottles.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

Connected Collective

CONNECTED PR